Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Things to do when you're a parent at 5 am

...and if you're one of those people who get up at 5 am every day anyway, for work, or because you're "a morning person" (aka stupid), just go do something chipper involving drinking coffee at a quaint little shop that sells knicknacks, dried soup mixes, and things that smell like lavender, where they all know your name when you come in, and you while away the hours leading up to a glorious afternoon of....what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, so the baby woke up at 5 am today, just because. Well, not just because. Because she was hungry...and because she went to bed early. Luckily she loves Baby Einstein SO much that I can already park her in front of a TV and pass an hour through lazy parenting when my brain hasn't quite woke up yet.

The problem is there is nothing for ME to do at such an hour. After enough middle of the nights, I've simply run out of things to do. The internet hasn't updated since last night. Sports scores are the same as midnight when I fell asleep. The same hats are in fashion as the last day. There is literally nothing new under the Sun (or Moon) to update myself on since I've fell asleep. Plus, it wears my eyes out before the hours and hours of looking at a computer screen at work to come. Books? I can't keep the room too lighted, incase I can get Holly back to sleep again...so it's too dark. Plus I read at midnight, it'll make me want to sleep again. TV? The video is on and I don't have picture-in-picture.

Picture-in-picture sucks, btw. Most un-needed television enhancement of the last 100 years.

So, to pass the time, I posted this. Unfortunately, putting no thought into something when you can type as fast as I can, doesn't pass much time.

*pathetic sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home