Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, Chicago, you son of a ...

Ah, thanks to Chicago, I, like many, many, many others, am not going to be spending Christmas where I would like to be. After 5 hours in an airport with a 1 year old, I got absolutely nowhere. So, my dream of my first Christmas morning in Nova Scotia in 7 years, with my first born child as well, all for not. Oh well, at least we weren't stuck in a Chicago hotel for $300 or something. The first flight was delayed so long that we didn't bother to stick around to find out the second leg from Chicago was canceled. Time to try again on Christmas night. Yay.

Also, I was so busy getting ready for the vacation I'm not taking yet, that I forgot to use my awesome, weather-based bullshit salesguy type joke at work today. Saying this to the right person would get me a promotion due to it's awesomeness of smalltalk and useless unfunniness. Here goes: "hey, the economy might be down, but there sure isn't a recession of snow this year!"

*takes bow*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home