Saturday, July 02, 2005

L'ami du pain

Ah, another Canada Day in America come and gone. With another year of "So, do Canadians celebrate Independance Day?", "What's Canada Day?", "Why would you celebrate Canada?", "I celebrate Cinqo de Mayo, and I'm not Mexican", "I suppose you guys don't have an Independance Day (sly look of "we fought for our freedom, what did you losers do?"), and of course "Do you guys celebrate Christmas/Easter?". Okay, that one was from December.

Anyway, let me shake off the bitters, and get on with...Part III: The Third Part of Part III

Where the hell was I? Umm...with my Bag of Chicken Strips, I suppose. I also got some "Salsa Verde" Doritos, because they have many more corn chip based snacks in Arizona than in Minnesota. I was only able to eat 4 chips from the big bag before they burned a hole in my stomach lining.

We went to the mall, and it was...mally. Still teenage boys walking around the mall together, but not talking because they're both listening, seperately, to loud music from their walkmans in huge earphones. Not sure I get the social aspect of that. But maybe chicks dig the music losers who hang out in twos.

Back to the hotel! Now, the great thing about our room is that the windows faced inwards, towards the pool area. Now, obviously I'm never going to leave the windows open so any buddy whatshisface can look in at my Bag of Chicken Strips, so they extra thick curtains stay closed. This is wonderful for jet lag. Because you can never tell what time of day it is. Close the window, shut off the lights, and bam, it's 1 am as far as you care. Now my wife went off to do bridal shower stuff with the bride, and I decided that at 5 pm, damn, I'm done for the day.

I then slept until 10 am the next morning. At which time it still looked like total darkness in our room.

Then I had some chicken strips. Then I had some rolaids.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home