Thursday, June 23, 2005

Summertime Madness

Part 2:

Well, I got the airport, but my wife had taken a different flight (because we decided I was going as well for the wedding there at the last second) and I'd have to wait for her in Phoenix for about a half hour.

At this point, I was exhausted, having been up for over a day, and in a plane or two far too long. All the seats at her gate were taken up at first, so I had to stand there outside a Texas BBQ takeout restaurant that they had there.

Her flight was coming from Dallas, and the flight going out after her, was going to Dallas. Surrounded by Texas BBQ, and countless cowboy hats, and the word "Texas" on the monitor, my sleepy mind forgot for awhile that I wasn't in Texas. It wasn't until just before she arrived that I remembered what state I was in.

Then I found a seat, next to a woman who was saying her librarian hates letting kids take out the Harry Potter books. She felt like she was spreading black pagan worship amoung children, but her bosses were making her do it. Then they talked about helicopter rides.

Then my wife showed up, and the vacation begun in earnest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home