Sunday, January 01, 2006

Remember, every New Year is a birthday

Happy Birthday to me, and to 2006, whom I will hopefully outlive.

I give thanks this year to the Best Western Hotel, and it's helpful staff, for giving me a wonderful Christmas Day at their fine establishment. I give thanks for their shortened menu at their seedy lounge, and they $5 travel toothbrushes at their gift shop.

I give thanks to fog, otherwise I wouldn't have experienced the Christmas in Detroit. Which everyone should.

I give thanks to surly people at airport bagel restaurants, who stand by the counter, only to tell you not to order with them, but with the person further down the counter.

I give thanks to airport gate staff, who cancel flights for 24 hours 10 minutes before they're set to take off, without warning, and then run off to enjoy their Christmas.

And of course, I give thanks for Harvey's Hamburgers, which I don't get to enjoy except back home here at Christmas.

And I apologize for everything I've said against mute people all year long. That and the horrible picture of myself on the blog main page, because I enjoy frightening the children.

Birthday/Christmas gifts this year = iPod, Commodore 64 plug and play, slacks, fire extinguisher, spin and store, and many, many gift certificates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home