Sunday, January 22, 2006

This blog now has a theme

So, I'll keep this blog talking about ads and the fast food industry.

We took my 2 year old nephew to McDonald's yesterday, because we spoil him, and as aunt and uncle, his nutritional needs are unimportant to us. So it was all cookies, cheese nips, and McNuggets yesterday. And I thought to myself, why doesn't my nephew order a fruit cup from McD's? Then I thought, oh, that's right, even a 2 year old knows that nobody goes to McDonald's to get a fruit cup salad.

I don't want fast food places to have "healthy alternatives". A healthy alternative, is just not going. Don't walk in there and bemoan that somehow you ended up in there, and now they're forcing a milkshake down your throat. Besides, even you can't resist a McNugget, no matter how unappetizing you think you think they are. You know you want to dip them in sauce and eat them in one bite.

Also, Comcast is into showing Arby's commercials (loudly...every ad that Comcast inserts of the actual network ads are at twice the volume)...and it's this chubby dude talking about how he loves to have his munchies for Arbys. Like, he feels fortunate that he's having cravings for Arbys, like waking up wanting roast beef sandwiches is a gift from God himself, right into your stomach. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I think that if he's giving thanks for having Arbys cravings, he should also be giving thanks that many health care packages cover mental illnesses. If he's going to be annoying, grating, and making no sense, he might as well be in those Radio Shack commercials where people sit in a chair and beg for something like self centered jackasses. Because, seeing people I DON'T LIKE ask for things that I DON'T WANT THEM TO GET, makes me want to shop at your store. And people get fucking paid to think up those ads. I don't understand how they think that unlikeable people are a good selling ad for their brand.

Oh well, it's not like there is ever anyone in Radio Shacks anyway, except over anxious, lonely Radio Shack workers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home