Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dr Mario is highly overrated by...I don't know anyone who likes this game

There are trends out there. I just don't know of any of them, because I live in a bubble. It's not really intentional, because to do that would be more effort than I would normally put into anything that wasn't roasting a turkey. I CAN roast a turkey. I live in a bubble because my workplace could exist from anytime between 1975-1994. We don't have the internet, we fax everything, we use green/Bar (I like writing it like that) paper, and no one talks about anything current. If we ran out of toner, our customers would become invisible to us. So as far as getting any useful future office experience from my job...well, I count drills, and enter very, very, very oily production sheets into a computer for reports that no one understands. See, the one guy who knew how to make Excel macros that made the report, left years ago, so now no one knows how everything is calculated, and is too afraid to try and figure it out.

But I do get flyers in the mail. Aldi has great deals this week, such as Flavored water, Fit & Active brand, for only 59 cents each. Not to mention 99 cent Kryder tomato ketchup ( as opposed to...cucumber ketchup?). And delicious Kids Grids fries for only $1.69. I could partake in these off-brand name deals if Aldi wasn't cash only, barely open when people aren't working, and if they supplied their own bags that you didn't have to pay for. Like I carry cash anymore. As I don't ever go anywhere that charges a cover charge, I don't need physical money. I'd much rather lose my visa cash cards when pulling things out of pocket than a few dollar bills, thank you very much.

And I'm sorry Cub Foods, if you're going to make a 12 case of Coke 10 for $15, I am NEVER, EVER buying 10 cases of pop at once.

And what's up with Coke Blak, with coffee? Can you imagine what the combination of those two things would do to your stomach lining? As opposed to berry & creme Dr. Pepper, which is the delicious.

Hey, where do they get fresh king crab legs in Minnesota?

And by calling their generic food name "Roundys", is Rainbow food calling me fat? Jerks. Their Crazy 8's sale sucks, like I'm buying more of their food because everything's price ends in 8 instead of 9. Yay, 1 cent cheaper! If I bought 100 things, I could save a buck!

Happy Secular and Non-Secular Easter! So if you're into your people nailed to crosses coming alive again, or bunnies who've stolen chickens' babies and given them to you, enjoy your day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian S. said...

Don't you wish you had more choices than The President's, and Big 8?

6:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have other options, Life Brand Cola, and RC Cola.

11:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home