Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Burnin' down the house

Well, let's see. I caught the stove on fire today. And I learned something about myself: I hate the sound of smoke detectors.  That and I freeze when confronted with huge flames. Not freeze in the sort of ice/cold sort of way, but in a "stand there and breath in lots of fire smoke" sort of way.

Eventually the fire did go out, only leaving much of my stove blackened. And after a half hour the smoke detector went off, but not before people in the building thought that maybe I was going to destroy their homes. And not before I made my lungs be in much pain from much smoke.

But the food tasted good. I guess burning hamburgers a little bit don't hurt so much.

But my arms are exhausted from waving a pillow at the smoke detector for a half hour.

So it's sort of a 50/50 situation. Usually cooking hamburgers doesn't get my arms enough exercise, or so I always was thinking when I was cooking hamburgers in the past.

What was my point?

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot who starts grease fires and almost burns down his home.

I've got to go mentally punish myself for a few hours. Until then, stay frosty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home