Saturday, December 18, 2004

I Must Break You

I feel like such a guy. I got half my Christmas shopping done in one store.

But what a store!

Actually it was just Target. Of which there are thousands and thousands of, per town, in Minnesota, being the home base of Target and all.

But that means I still have half left, with a week to go. Not good, not with those line ups.

I think I'm the first person ever to complain about Christmas line ups.

Work is tough. Work is tougher when I just want to get to the holidays and go home to Canada for vacation and such.

And such.

I made the mistake of putting an email thingy for "make Christmas carol requests!" on my Christmas carol page.

That's over 200 requests per day, at the minimum. Over 800 spam per day.

Thus, I just add carols at my own whim, and if it matches some request someone made, that I didn't read, I'm a good person.

I'd brag at work about 'hey, look up "Christmas carol lyrics, or Christmas Carol words" on yahoo and google, and the first page up is me!", but then they'd know I'm more of a loser than they already think. They already think I'm a goof for wearing non-jeans to the drill bit plant.

I only have one pair of jeans! I haven't bought any since I lost 50 pounds.

Because I'm low on cash.

Because of Christmas.

Man those Christmas line ups at the stores are CRAZY.

Everyone just has to have a plasma television it seems. Or so the people outside Best Buy make it seem. Is $1500 really down to "affordable"?

I got my first, non-secured, American credit card. That's a big deal because I no longer get weird looks of 'why don't you have credit history, even though you're 26?' when I try to get car loans, or store cards.

But I still don't have any store cards. I'm still mad at you, Best Buy.

"What do you mean Canadians don't have social security numbers? Oh, I'm sure that's not a problem with our computer system....humm...uh....it won't let me do it without a social security number. I never knew that before".

Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home