Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Christmas lists

I had to give my wife my Christmas list. I hate asking for things. I'm not good at getting something for nothing and not feeling guilty, and even less good at specifying what you should get me. I don't know how people can manage to do wedding or baby shower registries. "I Expect you to get me this". I would feel way too guilty. Unfortunetely, this has led us to having very few pots and pans, and no good dishes at all.

It also made me mad when I saw my best friend get a mountain load of wedding gifts at his wedding (he went around a department store with a scan gun to pick out stuff for the registry, as fast as possible, because he hates shopping), and watching him at his wife not give a care about what they got, just assuming they deserved it for getting married.

I cheered when we finally afforded a cheese slicer. Don't even get me started on the slow cooker we bought two weeks ago at the outlet mall.

...

My wife fowarded around the phone message I left her at work of me saying "Marshmellows" over and over, in honour of a particularly "challenged" looking s'mores Christmas ornament (the cat one if you see it).

I don't know if I should be flattered or embarassed come the company Christmas party time. I hope they can't budget one this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home