Monday, January 23, 2006

the sun is setting in the sky, Teletubbies say good-bye

Hey Sproutlings!

No one who hasn't hung out and watched television with a 2 year old in the past year will get that greeting. Oh well. Sucks to be you. Teletubbies was graded as "Wow! Teletubbies!" as a 4 am watching show by my nephew. I agree.

Here's what I consider an effective commercial...the current Ikea one where the woman shows her friend around, and then finally bursts out with the sale prices of all the items in her house that she bought at Ikea. It has good buzz with the gals in customer service at my work. I use them as my "mainstream America" radar of if a commercial is working. For instance, they all hated the McDonald's "chiiii-ck-khan!" commercial with all the kids in the backseat, because the girl was looked at funny just for doing what boys do. And the commercial was off the air in about 3 weeks. Unfortunetely, they love the Vonage commercial with the "woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo!" song, and will do it randomly at each other 5 times a day. This has been happening for a YEAR! But...I don't think it's worked in that, I don't think they have a clue that it's for Vonage, or what internet phone is.

In closing...I'm really tired of hearing "woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo!" at work. Please...someone make them stop. They like chocolate. A Lot. Give them chocolate to stop. Or will that just make them hyper or giddy? Oh God, there's no winning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home