Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Living Life to the Fullest


You've never really, really experienced all life has to offer until you've spent several nights and days (and nights!) dealing with a sick baby. Finally, you find that excuse to not sleep that you searched for so often in your younger years. Nothing sounds better to tired ears than the sound of furious baby cries, that attack both your nerves and your empathy in a way only a parent can understand.

...and of course, I had to immortalize said sick baby in an expensive portrait studio shoot. Oh, I couldn't reschedule, because I had a coupon! The people told me it was a great deal, that they didn't even know they had it on the internet (thank you, Entertainment Book, and thank me, for being a great personal search engine for bargains), which made it go from "holy shit this costs a lot", to "holy crap this costs a lot". So, when we look at that runny nose and puffy eyes, and that tired, dazed, past your bedtime because the photographer took so long to get to us that it ran past your bedtime, we'll smile at the memories.

...and it's still all worth it for baby smiles.

Yes, and I know no one likes blogs by parents about parenthood. Does that stop anyone? Besides, my blog is usually about nonsensical things that no one likes, so it can't be any worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home