Friday, September 26, 2008

This Halloween's Hottest Costume...

So, it's 1:20 am, and I've got nothing else to do (thanks to a screaming child who decided that it was morning...God bless teething), so I thought I'd post something to my blog.

Now, I have this weird feeling I've mentioned this last year...or it's similar to my post about the "My Pet Monster" birthday cards I saw awhile back...I can't be bothered to read through my own archived posts. But anyway, so, I was at the Mall of America last weekend, just cruising around, trying to pass the time away with the baby. They have a discount store there called "Petters". They sell the stuff that Dollar Stores think is too crappy and old to sell, so it's full of great stuff that's so great that you don't want it at all. They had their Halloween stock out, and because it's all older overstock stuff, from years ago, none of the costumes were anything any kid would want. My favourite thing that no one would want? A "Small Soldiers" costume. Remember that movie? Exactly. (I actually, for reasons I can't remember, saw it in theater). Can you imagine a 10 year old kid showing up for their school's costume party at Halloween dressed as a Gargonite? Tell me that there's a single kid who would know what they were dressed as. You can't. I almost would love to dress up as Archer from the movie...just to be an ass who is trying to be more obscure than you. Seriously? Small Soldiers?

Also, it was Minnesota Wild day at the mall to celebrate the upcoming NHL season. In a great, sad, moment, they were having a raffle for a "Family pack" of tickets. So, I'm filling out the ticket, and an old man comes up to the perky young ladies who are in charge of the Wild booth at the mall. The old man comes up and says to them, "You say a 'family' pack of tickets. What if you're a family of one. How many tickets do you get?", in the saddest, pity me voice ever. The girls awkwardly explained that it was 4 tickets, regardless of how big your family was. They guy wasn't even there alone, he was with 3 of his buddies, so it wasn't like he was the loneliest guy in the whole wide world. I don't know...it just stuck with me since, and since I have time to kill, I thought I'd mention it. It's not like I have a real point to make by talking about it.

Now, back to the baby, and the PBS documentary on raptors. Woo-hoo! PBS never fails in the middle of the night, especially when you only have basic cable thanks to reduced budget caused by growing family and economic downturns. Everything is coming up Brian.

No, wait, this sucks.

Well, not the show on birds. That's pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home