Sunday, November 07, 2004

Tis the Season to make money

Ah, the season is upon us...well me, at least. Yes, the time, just after Halloween, when people start visiting my Christmas Carol page, and more importantly, spend money at amazon.com from links at the webpage, earning me small amounts of money towards stuff on amazon.

Which I will spend on gourmet cheeses. Or something along those lines. Or maybe a book or two...I haven't decided yet.

My Christmas page, while very, very basic, got very lucky in getting onto Yahoo years ago, and comes up highly rated on most web searches, so I have over 6.2 million hits on the page so far.

My Halloween page only has 650,000 or so hits, because there are no Halloween carols. There should be. I need more cheese. That and I haven't updated that page in years. It had it's good days though. Unfortunetely, there is nothing great to sell on amazon that is Halloween related, so bugger to that. I did get a poem I wrote on that (yes...a poem) page once published on a Maryland elderly folks home newsletter. Best thing ever to find out when you search your name on the net.

My Scooby Doo page is slowly creeping towards a million hits, though I haven't done anything major on it since...well, it's probably been six years now or more. But sales are way down...oh well, consumerism isn't the only reason for the season...and Scooby Doo.

But the point is this: get me money.

I need it. I just got digital cable and I need an extra $10 a month coming into the household to balance things out.

I just like the acid jazz digital music channel really...because it's my main source of acid jazz. OR WILL BE!

But I also get to watch the Trailer Park Boys on BBC America, though they're only showing Season 1, which I have on DVD...but so what, it's hard to bother to turn on the DVD player, when you're listening to ACID JAZZ. or WILL BE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home