Sunday, November 27, 2005

Googling yourself

As far as someone looking up me on the internet, you don't get much...unless you're convinced I play in the NBA. And at my height, that dream died several years ago. But I suppose that's good incase of future employers trying to find dirt on me. Unless they found this blog, and found out I hate everyone and everything, and am lazy, and am addicted to peanut butter.

Oh God I love peanut butter.

But I haven't allowed myself any in almost two years. Well, except for that one time. PB Loco is worth the breakdown.

I hate being sick on a long weekend. But I also hate being sick at work, so it's really a no win situation.

My 1.843 year old nephew has learned the word "what?", which was great for a fun Thanksgiving argument with him just saying, "What?" back and forth for a few minutes, before he got distracted by rubber ducks. And that kid ate so many rolls...he needs his gluten to grow.

I actually cooked Thanksgiving dinner for the second year in a row, because I'm the best turkey cook in the family. I put extra care into it, brining it, and putting butter compounds under the skin and such, as a reflex because my mother-in-law will otherwise just microwave the turkey.

I'm not joking, she actually does do that.

I only got 5 people to ask me if I celebrate American Thanksgiving this year, 4 asked if I celebrated Canada Thanksgiving (with a smirk, because it's not the REAL Thanksgiving, and is somewhere below Columbus Day in importance), 3 who asked why we even have a Thanksgiving in October, and none who have yet asked me this year if/when we celebrate Christmas in Canada. Yet. So far only 3 people have asked me that question since I've moved to the States, and all were over the age of 30.

That's a lot of numerical data. I'll let you soak that in for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home